3 Promise Labor Services is proud to announce that we will be present at the 2022 World of Concrete convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center from January 18th to January 20th, 2022. We will be in attendance to support our sister companies Malta Dynamics, EZ Grout Manufacturing, Lang Masonry, Buckeye Construction & Restoration, and Wolf Creek Contracting.
What is World of Concrete?
World of Concrete is an annual convention designed to allow industry professionals the opportunity to learn about the newest technology, access the latest training and techniques, and make new connections within the industry. The convention is attended by over 60,000 people in the construction industry, such as commercial contractors, concrete pumpers, distributors, residential contractors, and more.
Things to Do at The World of Concrete Convention
This year’s convention will be full of fun and informative events that will help people learn about the innovations made in the industry since the last convention in 2021. Some exciting events we’re looking forward to include:
- Malta Dynamics: This education seminar will focus on fall protection training through MCAA at WOC. The training will be broken down into 3 parts: "5 reasons why workers don't wear fall protection," "3 things you can do to get them to wear fall protection," and last but not least "Walking through a basic & thorough fall plan."
- STUCCO LIVE!: STUCCO LIVE returns to the World of Concrete Convention for the 4th year in a row, focusing on the live application of cement plaster. The professionals will be present to teach convention attendees about the newest systems and products for lath and plastering.
- SPEC MIX Toughest Tender: This event pits the most talented mason tenders against each other to set up their SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER 500s. Whoever sets theirs up the fastest is named the winner and receives $2,500.
- MCAA’s Masonry Skills Challenge: This challenge sees masons in their 1st through 3rd year of training completing mystery projects that will be revealed on site. They will have no practice or consultation while completing their projects, and awards will be presented to the top 3 masons in each year.
Education at the Convention
The World of Concrete convention also has educational opportunities available to attendees who wish to learn more about the construction and concrete industries. Attendees can register at this link for the various courses being offered. Some of the interesting and enriching content available includes:
- Motivating Today’s Construction Worker: Led by Brad Humphrey, the VP of Human Resources and Employee Development at Pavecon, this session is tailored to managers in the construction industry and can help them develop strategies to motivate and understand their workers.
- Troubleshooting Concrete Cracks: Understand & Minimize Cracking: This session will detail the various types of cracks that can appear in concrete after it has dried as well as how to prevent them from happening. Kim Basham, President at KB Engineering LLC, will lead the session.
- Waterproofing: The Next Generation of Solutions: This session, presented by Sika Corporation, will show attendees what’s new in waterproofing and weatherproofing technology. Products such as elastomeric joint sealants and liquid applied traffic coatings will be discussed.
We’ll See You There!
3 Promise Labor Services is looking forward to attending the World of Concrete convention this year as a proud member of the Masonry Contractors Association of America (MCAA). If you will be in attendance and would like to discuss our services or just chat about the industry, reach out to Alex Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our company offers a wide range of services including masonry, machine and equipment operation, and general trade labor to help optimize your construction projects and get them completed accurately and on time. We value honesty, lead by taking action, and provide unified teams for every project. Contact us for more information today at (740) 762-6777 or through our form online.